Annie's Homegrown Shells and Real Aged Cheddar Description
- No Artificial Anything!
- 0 g Trans Fat
- 100% Real Cheese
- Made with Organic Pasta
- Naturally Good Source of Calcium & Protein
Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
From the beginning, Annie's has always listened to your comments and suggestions. But when we began hearing, "Our kids want orange cheese," I resisted. After all, we'd already broken new ground in the food industry and developed a following of customers loyal to our original product, Annie's Shells & WHITE Cheddar. Why should I accept ORANGE?
Because when our pasta shells join the smooth texture and sharp taste of real aged cheddar, even the most reluctant original skeptics--of whom I count myself as one--agree that orange is welcome at Annie's. As you'd expect, Annie's would never use chemical dyes to color our cheese. The orange you see comes naturally from seeds of the annatto tree, and the pasta is certified organic. No weird chemicals. No artificial anything.
When our loyal customers ask for something, we listen. We're proud to bring you Shells & Real Aged Cheddar...ORANGE cheddar. I'm glad that you who asked for orange proved me wrong. Variety again proves to be the spice of life and of the Annie's brand.
1) Boil: 6 cups of water in a medium saucepan.
2) Stir in: the pasta, bring to a boil again.
3) Cook: 8-10 minutes, until done. While pasta is cooking...
4) Measure: 1/4 cup low fat milk in a measuring cup. Add cheese and stir until smooth.
5) Drain: pasta in colander. Return to saucepan.
6) Pour: cheese sauce over pasta and stir well.
For a richer flavor, add 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter. For a tangier taste, replace the milk with 1/2 cup low fat yogurt.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.