Annie's Homegrown Shells and White Cheddar Description
- No Artificial Anything!
- 0g Trans Fat
- 100% Real Cheese
- Made with Organic Pasta
- Naturally Good Source of Calcium & Protein
Certified Organic by Oregon Tilth
It's no surprise that the product most associated with Annie's Homegrown is our very first, Annie's Shells & White cheddar. After twenty years, our beloved purple box remains our rock -- a link from the past to the present. We're proud to now bring you the same delicious recipe with certified organic pasta.
So why such a positive response to our purple box from the start? The color purple proves to be eye-catching together with our logo--the quirky, smiling Rabbit (not Seal) of Approval my brother sketched from a photo of Bernie, my pet rabbit. Maybe it's our distinctively delicious, all-natural, ground-breaking WHITE cheddar cheese or those unique cheddar-catching pasta shells. Perhaps above all, Annie's founding mission to make the planet a greener, healthier place resonates with you. All of these answers contribute to the perseverance of our purple box. But I believe that you, our friends and customers, are the real magic behind the brand.
1) Boil: 6 cups water in a medium saucepan.
2) Stir in: pasta, bring to boil again.
3) Cook: 8-10 minutes, until done. While pasta is cooking...
4) Measure: 1/4 cup of low fat milk in a measuring cup. Add cheese and stir until smooth.
5) Drain: pasta in colander. Return to saucepan.
6) Pour: cheese sauce over pasta and stir well.
For a richer flavor, add 2 tablespoons unsalted butter. For a tangier taste, replace milk with 1/2 cup low fat yogurt.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.