Amaranth lends a whole-grain heartiness that will keep you full for hours.
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 cup dates, chopped
• 1 cup pecan pieces
• ½ cup amaranth flakes cereal
• 2 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
• ¼ cup safflower margarine, melted
• 1 cup boiling water
• 2 eggs
• ½ cup honey
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl or small saucepan, add dates and amaranth to boiling water and let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, beat eggs, honey and margarine together in a small bowl.
5. Add flour, baking powder, pecans and vanilla extract. Mix well.
6. Drain dates/amaranth mixture and add to flour/egg mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
7. Pour dough into prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
8. Let cool and slice to eat.
|Enter Shipping Zip Code:|
|Please enter a valid zip code|