This muffin’s cinnamon-oat crumble will melt in your mouth. Now, that’s a good morning!
• 2 ¼ cups flour
• ½ cup sugar
• ¼ cup brown sugar
• ¼ cup cornstarch
• ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
• 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
• ¾ tsp baking soda
• ¼ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and chopped
• ½ stick dairy-free margarine, softened
• 1 6-oz jar apple-cinnamon oatmeal baby food
• 1 cup low-fat or nonfat plain soymilk
• 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 1 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare a muffin pan with paper liners or nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a food processor, pulse flour and cornstarch for several seconds until well combined.
3. Add baking soda, baking powder, sea salt and ground flax. Pulse again to combine. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl with a hand mixer on medium-high speed, combine sugars, peanut butter and margarine until light and fluffy.
5. Add baby food, vanilla, soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Using the hand mixer, stir again until combined.
6. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients.
7. Add chopped apples and stir it all together.
8. Fill each muffin tin about ¾ full.
To make crumble:
1. In a food processor, pulse flour and oatmeal until coarsely ground.
2. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and pulse again for several seconds.
3. Add coconut oil and blend until all ingredients are well incorporated.
4. Generously sprinkle crumble on top of each muffin batter.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let cool slightly before digging in, or store in an airtight container for later.
|Enter Shipping Zip Code:|
|Please enter a valid zip code|