Warm up to a bowl of good-for-you greens and grains for a complete and wholesome anytime meal.
• 2 qt vegetable broth
• 2 cups water
• ¾ cup buckwheat groats
• 1 lb collard greens
• 1 Fuji apple, sliced
• 1 yellow onion, sliced
• 3 Tbsp olive oil and canola oil blend
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp salt
• Juice of 1 lemon
1. In a large pot, heat oil. Add apple and onion slices and cook over medium heat for 7-10 minutes.
2. Add lemon juice, cinnamon and salt.
3. Slice collard greens into ribbons and add to the pot.
4. Let the collard greens cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes, or until reduced by half.
5. Pour in vegetable broth and water. Turn heat to high, cover with lid and let it come to a boil.
6. Once soup is boiling, reduce heat to low and add buckwheat groats. Simmer uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until groats are plump.
7. Let soup cool slightly and enjoy!
|Enter Shipping Zip Code:|
|Please enter a valid zip code|