Surprise everyone with a meat-free burger that’s seasoned just right and easy to make.
• 1 small onion
• 5 baby carrots, chopped
• 4-5 medium mushrooms, chopped
• 1 cup quinoa, cooked
• 1 cup brown rice flour
• ½ cup yellow corn meal
• ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
• 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
• 1 Tbsp mild miso paste
• 1 Tbsp paprika
• 1 Tbsp cornstarch
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp salt
1. In a food processor, pulse veggies into a coarse consistency, roughly the size of rice.
2. Add flaxseed, miso paste, corn starch, paprika and quinoa. Pulse again until everything is combined.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together nutritional yeast flakes, brown rice flour, corn meal and salt.
4. In a skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and let it warm up.
5. Meanwhile, form patties with the veggie-quinoa mixture. Patties will be sticky yet firm enough to work with. If not, add a little more corn meal.
6. Place the veggie patties in the skillet, season with salt and pepper to taste and cook until brown, about 3-5 minutes. Flip the burgers and brown the other side.
7. Eat up!
|Enter Shipping Zip Code:|
|Please enter a valid zip code|