You Will Need:
• 2 cups (1 lb) - Fresh Strawberries, sliced (for FROZEN see below)
• 1 - 9 inch pie crust
(shortbread or graham cracker)
• Non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
• ¾ cup hot tap water
1. COMBINE pie mix and hot water into a 2-quart microwave-safe bowl, stir until mix dissolves.
2. MICROWAVE on HIGH about 3-4 minutes. Allow mixture to bubble/boil for at least 30 seconds.
Watch carefully as mixture may boil over! Remove and stir thoroughly.
*Microwave ovens vary. Cooking time is approximate.
3. FOLD strawberries into the mixture.
4. POUR mixture into pie crust.
5. CHILL pie in refrigerator, uncovered, for at least 2 hours or until set.
6. GARNISH pie with whipped topping. Serve and enjoy. Store in refrigerator covered.
Stove Top Directions:
1. COMBINE pie mix and water into a medium saucepan.
2. HEAT on HIGH, stirring constantly. Allow mixture to bubble/boil for at least 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
3. FOLLOW steps 3-6 above.
• Substitute/combine any of the following fruits in place of the strawberries: Bananas, apricots, plums, pineapple chunks, peaches, or kiwis.
• FROZEN Strawberries (whole or packed in juice), allow to thaw thoroughly, DRAIN well, use 1 cup.