Zinc is an essential mineral and antioxidant found in every body cell. It is essential for a wide range of physiological functions and is an important cofactor for more than 200 enzymes, more than any other mineral.
These tasty lemon Zinc lozenges are truly superior tasting supplements for both children and adults. It contains zinc in gluconate and citrate form to support immune system function, which is especially important during the winter months. The lozenges form also works well to support the tissues of the throat.
• Antioxidant support
• Fertility, male sexual function, and pregnancy support
• Immune support, especially in winter months
• Joint and skin support (including skin blemishes)
• Smokers and those exposed to second hand smoke
• Oral contraceptive users
"Some 90 percent of the population consume diets deficient in zinc," according to Dr. Harmond M.D. Ph.D., the father of the free radical theory of aging. And even those eating adequate amounts of zinc do not always absorb it adequately. A Zinc deficiency can lead to osteoporosis, knee & hip discomfort, mental disorders, memory loss, depression, fatigue, irritability, decreased sense of taste & smell, skin problems (acne, dry skin, stretch marks, and prolonged wound healing), poor hair growth, imbalance cholesterol and glucose levels, decreased immune function, growth impairment, menstrual irregularities, fertility problems, prostate dysfunction, low testosterone levels, low sperm count and impotence.
• Superoxide dismutuase activity, an important antioxidant enzyme.
• Immune system health and function.
• Collagen formation, bone health and muscle function.
• Protection against UV radiation.
• Fertility and reproductive system health and function.
• Normal cell division.
• Normal growth and development.
• Brain development and nerve function.
• Insulin activity, carbohydrate metabolism, and amino acids synthesis.
• Enzyme and hormone synthesis and function.
• Heavy metal detoxification and liver detoxification processes.