Eye Health Action Plan
Age-related deterioration of eye health and increasingly poor vision affect millions of people annually. Other contributing factors to fading eyesight include inadequate diet, exposure to ultraviolet sunlight and poor vision habits. Antioxidants and other nutrients play a critical role in maintaining, supporting and protecting good eyesight.
- Nutrition is key to eye health. Take Futurebiotics NutriVision and be sure to eat a variety of foods rich in antioxidants and carotenes, including fruits of all colors, and dark red and green leafy vegetables. Also include whole grains and legumes.
- Limit sugars and other simple carbohydrates that can put strain on the tiny vessels in the eye.
- Engage in regular aerobic exercise to boost heart rate & blood circulation. Remember to stay hydrated while exercising.
- Get involved in a variety of outdoor activities that require using distance vision. Wear appropriate safety glasses or other eye protection for work and play.
- There are ways to protect and strengthen your eyes. Your health professional can recommend exercises for the eye that will stimulate critical eye functions.
- Stimulate your vision by learning a new skill. Sit up straight and keep your work at eye level.
Do's and Don'ts
- The sun produces a type of invisible energy known as ultraviolet radiation, which can damage internal eye structures. Reduce your exposure to direct sunlight whenever possible and wear a broadbrimmed hat in bright sunlight. Ultraviolet (UV) protection in eyeglass lenses is essential for maintaining healthy eyes.
- Look up and away often when performing prolonged near-vision tasks.
- Try to maintain a distance of 14-16 inches from the eyes when performing near-vision tasks.
Measure Your Progress
Get regular eye exams and consult your eyecare professional with any sudden changes in your vision.
- GliSODin - Clinically supported to protect cells against oxidative stress
- Lutein & Zeaxanthin - Reduce the risk of age-related macular degeneration
- Complete vitamin & nutrient formula for healthy vision
Research has shown that the antioxidant-rich ingredients found in NutriVision, including Superoxide Dismutase (SOD), Astaxanthin, Lutein, Zeaxanthin, vitamins and botanical co-factors, work synergistically to counter the effects of oxidative stress and help maintain ocular health.
GliSODin is the first oral-administered form of Superoxide Dismutase clinically shown to increase levels of SOD (body's master defense enzyme). SOD transforms the most reactive, dangerous free radicals into ions that are less reactive. A patented combination of melon-derived SOD and gliadin, a wheat protein, GliSODin has been clinically researched and shown to help protect cells against oxidative stress and enhances levels of antioxidants, including those present in the eye.
Lutein and Zeaxanthin are the only carotenoids present in the retinal and lens where they form the macula pigment MP and help filter potentially damaging blue (visible) light and help protect against oxidative damage. Some epidemiology studies have shown that there is a reduced risk for AMD (age-related macular degeneration) with added Lutein and Zeaxanthin.
NutriVision also contains Caromin which provides vitamin A activity from fruits of palm. Caromin is a full spectrum carotenoid complex that includes natural alpha-, beta- and gamma-carotene and lycopene. NutriVision is further enhanced with vitamins and other nutrients that provide whole food co-factors.
NutriVision is potency-enhanced with Futurebiotics BioAccelerators. Clinically-proven Bioperine (piper nigrum extract) improves nutrient bioavailability, while our proprietary natural compound of Ginger extract, Trikatu, super-potent Digezyme and Lactospore boosts digestion and absorption.
GliSODin Melon extract has been demonstrated to reduce oxidative stress and maintain cell health in studies where subjects were exposed to pure oxygen in a hyperbaric chamber (HBO). Subjects using GliSODin showed significantly less oxidative stress vs. the control group.