Jarrow Formulas Optimal Plant Proteins™ -- 1.2 lbs
Great Low Sugar Protein Source
I tried this product many months ago and initially didn't care for the taste, but when mixed with juice or smoothies it is great. The good thing is that is does not add a significant amount of sugar. I have tried it in Grapefruit Juice and in Blueberry/Banana Smoothies. Now I am hooked on it and so are many others since there was a shortage recently and everyone was out of stock. When VC emailed me that it was in stock again I order 2 units. Great product for Vegans!
August 4, 2013
Good protein powder for vegans
Although the taste isn't great, it's OK, helped by sweetening and adding fruit or almond or soy milk.
Good amount of protein per serving, and I like that it's all plant based.
June 20, 2013
Great product, but not available from manufacturer. Disappointed!
June 2, 2013
Does Not Taste Nice
Mixes fine, nice consistency. But I hated the taste, no matter what fruits and milks I added, always tasted terrible. I would not buy this again, but for somebody else who doesn't mind the taste, this might be a good product.
March 22, 2013
Great post-workout alternative to whey protein!
I have worked for a nutrition retailer in the past, and am an active gym goer, so I have tried my fair share of powdered proteins. The most abundant form of protein powder is whey, as whey is inexpensive, highly bioavailable, fast absorbing, and rich with the necessary amino acids for building muscle. But whey causes a lot of digestive discomfort for many, creating a need for alternative sources of protein. And sometimes it's just nice to take a break from whey. Jarrow Plant Proteins is an excellent option and might now be my favorite plant-based protein powder.
* Mixes well in both water and milk, with little to no clumping
* Flavor is surprisingly palatable, even enjoyable, and mixes well with fresh fruits for a fantastic smoothie
* Excellent source of fiber (5g)
* Low in calories, fat and carbs, while yielding a high protein content
* Gluten, soy and dairy free
* Very clean ingredient profile with no unnecessary fillers/additives, and no artificial colors
* Texture might be considered a little gritty, but isn't a deal breaker
* Price per serving is a tad on the high side, when compared to others
* Could be a little sweeter to enhance palatability
As I mentioned, the amino acid profile excellent, with efficacious doses of EAA and BCAAs, as well as glutamine, making this a terrific post-workout protein. Overall, I highly recommend Jarrow's Optimal Plant Protein, as it offers an ideal alternative for those looking to avoid whey, gluten or soy, with a pleasant taste and nutritional profile!
January 11, 2013