Lundberg Organic Whole Grain Black Beans and Rice Description
- USDA Organic
- Whole Grain
Enjoy this popular combination inspired by the Cuban version of rice and beans. Made with whole grain organic brown rice and high-fiber black beans, it’s a deliciously smart way to serve up a healthful side dish. You'll love the spicy blend and the amazing flavor.
Organic Black Beans and Rice
Create an exciting dining experience with convenient, versatile Organic Black Beans and Rice. Made with delicious organic brown rice and flavorful ingredients, it's easy to serve up a healthful side dish.
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups of water, rice, beans & seasoning and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Make this a complete meal by adding cooked sausage or diced ham and diced red and green bell peppers; heat through.
- For Caribbean salad toss cooked shrimp with a citrus dressing. Stir into prepared chilled black beans and rice and garnish with chopped cilantro. For a vegan option, marinate sliced firm tofu in a citrus dressing, refrigerate for 4 hrs. Grill tofu on medium, cut into chunks or strips and add in place of the shrimp.
Gluten and GMOs
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.