Lundberg Organic Whole Grain Jambalaya Rice Mix Description
Rice & Seasoning Mix
Jambalaya is rumored to mean mish-mash or hodge-podge because it’s a gathering of many ingredients. Enjoy this delicious blend of brown rice with garlic, onion, bell peppers, tomato, and spices. Together they deliver a unique Creole flavor and experience.
Organic Whole Grain Jambalaya Rice
Create an exciting dining experience with convenient, versatile Organic Whole Grain Jambalaya Rice. Made with delicious organic brown rice and flavorful ingredients, it's easy to serve up a healthful side dish.
- In a medium saucepan combine 1¾ cups of water, rice, seasoning and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Make this a meal by adding cooked Andouille sausage, diced ham, or shrimp; heat through.
- Add cooked boneless chicken thighs, diced tomatoes with green chilies and extra chicken broth to make a Cajun stew.
- For additional flavor, cook the rice substituting up to 1 cup of water with low-sodium tomato juice.
- Beans may be added for a vegan option. Lightly sauté your choice of fresh vegetables and hot peppers to release some of their water and stir into the rice. Add the beans and heat through.
Gluten and GMOs
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.