Lundberg Organic Whole Grain Red Beans and Rice Description
You’ll relish this popular Creole-inspired cuisine of red beans and rice. It’s the perfect blend of delicious vegetables, beans, spices, and rice that make this dish memorable. Made with whole grain organic brown rice and high-fiber red beans, it’s a deliciously smart way to serve up a healthful side dish.
Organic Red Beans and Rice
Create an exciting dining experience with convenient, versatile Organic Red Beans and Rice. Made with delicious organic brown rice and flavorful ingredients, it's easy to serve up a healthful side dish.
- In a medium saucepan combine 2 cups of water, rice, beans & seasoning and 1 Tbsp. of olive oil (optional). Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low. Do not lift lid while cooking. Simmer for 28 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let stand covered for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
- Make this a complete meal by adding cooked sausage or diced ham and diced red and green bell peppers. Thinly sliced spicy Jamon Serrano ham can be used in place of the diced ham for a spicier option. Serve with hot sauce.
- For Cajun red beans & rice salad add chopped red peppers and sliced green onions. Dress with a vinaigrette spiced with a Cajun seasoning blend.
Gluten and GMOs
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.