Montebello Organic Penne Rigate Pasta Description
Montebello is an Italian classic... a true artisan pasta that uses long forgotten Old World techniques to create distinctive flavor and texture. Durum wheat semolina is organically grown on small family farms in the rolling hills overlooking the Adriatic Sea. The semolina is then carefully ground and combined with pure mountain spring water to produce a fine dough, which is extruded through hand-made bronze dies to create a rough texture. Instead of flash drying in ovens, the artisans of Montebello dry their prized pasta slowly in traditional drying rooms. These old world practices produce a delicious hand crafted pasta with a unique porous texture than cooks evenly and holds sauces beautifully.
Enjoy Montelello knowing that it is the finest pasta available Buon Appetito!
1. Use enough water, at least 4 quarts per pound of pasta
2. Add salt after the water boils 1 1/2 tablspoons per pound of pasta.
3. stir the pasta as soon as it's in the pot, to prevent clumping.
4. Taste your pasta to see if it's done - its the only reliable test.
5. Drain the pasta immediately in a wating colander - there's no need to rinse
6. Sauce, serve and enjoy!
7. Cooking time 9 minutes, test at 8 minutes.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.