Your pita chips need a dip – but not just any dip will do. Try this savory and healthy baba ghanoush for your next get-together!
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp sea salt on eggplant.
- Place eggplant on baking sheet lined with aluminum foil (cut-side down).
- Prick small holes into eggplant and bake until soft and collapsed, about 20 minutes.
- When eggplant cools, scoop pulp into small bowl and discard skin.
- Add the remaining salt, plus garlic, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, parsley and coconut oil.
- Mash together with spoon or purée in a food processor for a smoother texture. (If puréeing, leave out parsley until mixture is blended, then mix by hand.)
- Garnish with parsley and drizzle with coconut oil. Serve with warm pita bread or crackers.