Good morning! Ready for a tart and sweet (gluten-free) treat? Start your day the delicious way with this lemon-blueberry bread. This recipe also works perfectly as an after-dinner dessert.
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Grease and flour 8x4 loaf pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together flour, xanthan gum, salt and baking powder.
- In separate (large) bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well. Mix in the lemon juice, then add flour mixture and milk, little by little – mixing as you add.
- Fold in the lemon zest and blueberries.
- Pour into pan and bake for 60 minutes at 350˚ F, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make glaze topping, mix sugar and lemon juice, then drizzle over warm bread.