Kick your old cole slaw recipe to the curb. This spiffed up, gluten-free version features freshly grated zucchini, cabbage and colorful peppers in a tangy apple cider vinegar marinade.
- Place vegetables in large bowl; sprinkle on salt and fill bowl with water, covering vegetables. Leave vegetables in water for two hours.
- Drain and rinse vegetables twice to remove excess salt.
- In large pot, bring apple cider vinegar, stevia and spices to a boil. Stir in vegetables, reduce heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour mixture into heated jars, leaving about a quarter inch of space at top. Process for 10 minutes in boiling water after adjusting lids. (Tip: Review basic canning instructions online before beginning.)
- Relish can be stored up to four weeks in the refrigerator.