Inactive Ingredients: acesulfame K, benzoic acid, citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C blue #1, FD&C red #40, flavors, maltitol solution, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium citrate
- in a child under 4 years of age
- in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if the child's prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
- with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on skin
- for the purpose of making your child sleepy
Ask a doctor before use if the child has
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- chronic cough that lasts, or as occurs with asthma
- a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the child is taking sedatives or tranquilizers.
When using this product
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- marked drowsiness may occur
- sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurs
- symptoms do not improve within 7 days or occur with a fever
- cough persists for more than 7 days, comes back or occurs with a fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.