Comprehensive, multi-nutrient formula to support healthy bones.* With calcium, magnesium, vitamins D and K and lycopene!
What is Vitacost Bone Builder†?
Vitacost Bone Builder† combines four top bone-health vitamins and minerals, including calcium, magnesium, vitamin D and vitamin K, plus antioxidant lycopene. Unlike many popular calcium and bone-support formulas, which require swallowing several bulky, rock-hard tablets, Vitacost Bone Builder features small, smooth softgels. A single (2-softgel) serving supplies:
- Calcium, 500 mg. As calcium citrate (water-soluble form) that’s absorbed well on a full or empty stomach and calcium malate (a calcium salt of malic acid)
- Vitamin D, 1,000 IU. As vitamin D3, a preferred form—the same type naturally produced by the body when skin is exposed to sunlight
- Magnesium, 200 mg. Supplies half of the Daily Value for this essential mineral
- Vitamin K1, 100 mcg. The natural form of vitamin K found in vegetables and other foods
- Vitamin K2, 45 mcg. A biologically active form of vitamin K
- Lycopene, 15 mg. Well-known antioxidant nutrient found in tomatoes and other red/orange fruits and vegetables
How does Vitacost Bone Builder† support health?
Calcium is an essential ingredient of bone that must be constantly replenished.*
Adequate calcium and vitamin D intake throughout life, as part of a well-balanced diet, may reduce the risk of osteoporosis by slowing the rate of bone loss for people with a family history of the disease, post-menopausal women and elderly men and women.
Magnesium contributes to calcium absorption.*
Magnesium helps build strong bones by converting vitamin D to its active form and setting in motion key enzymes that stimulate bone cells.*
Vitamin D contributes to bone strength, as proper levels create optimum conditions for bone formation.*
Vitamin K is necessary for osteoblasts (bone-forming cells) to activate osteocalcin, a protein that binds calcium to bones.* Therefore, adequate amounts of vitamin K make certain that calcium is properly delivered to bone and that arterial health is maintained.*
Lycopene is a carotenoid, or antioxidant, that helps protect healthy cells from free radical damage.*
Why choose Vitacost Bone Builder†?
Combines vitamins and minerals for bone health in one convenient formula*
Also supplies antioxidant lycopene
Contains 60 servings per bottle
Exceptional quality at an extraordinary value.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
†* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.