What is Vitacost Mega EFA Omega-3 EPA & DHA?
This is a premium-quality, purified fish oil formula that provides high elemental levels of EPA and DHA, two of the most studied omega-3 essential fatty acids.
Because omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential, the body must obtain them through diet. Cod, tuna and salmon are the best sources of omega-3s. However, they can also be found in plant-based foods, including walnuts, flaxseed and soybeans. Unfortunately, most people do not consume enough of these foods to take in the optimal levels of omega-3 fatty acids. When diet is lacking, supplementing with Vitacost Mega EFA may be beneficial.
In addition to being a potent source of omega-3s, Vitacost Mega EFA has been molecularly distilled for guaranteed freshness and purity. Compared to other low-grade fish oil supplements, which may contain trace amounts of dioxin, mercury and PCBs, Mega EFA delivers what it promises.
How does Vitacost Mega EFA Omega-3 EPA & DHA support health?
· EPA and DHA are well known for their cardioprotective properties, their ability to maintain healthy cognitive function, their potential to support healthy moods and their positive impact on joint comfort and flexibility*
· Higher blood levels of omega-3 essential fatty acids – including EPA and DHA – are associated with a healthier mood*
Why choose Vitacost Mega EFA Omega-3 EPA & DHA?
· Provides higher milligram-per-serving potency than other fish oil supplements, offering 800 mg EPA and 400 mg DHA in each two-softgel serving
· Easy-to-swallow softgels with pleasant strawberry flavor
· Molecularly distilled to ensure mercury, dioxins and PCB levels are well below industry standards
· An economical and convenient way to meet the American Heart Association’s recommendation to increase daily omega-3 fatty acid consumption
· Contains 120 servings per bottle
· Exceptional quality at an extraordinary value
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish, gluten, titanium dioxide.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.