What is vitamin D?
This fat-soluble vitamin is naturally found in very few food-based sources. However, vitamin D’s functions in the body are very wide-ranging.
When skin is exposed to UV sunlight, the body produces a form of vitamin D nearly identical to vitamin D3, also called cholecalciferol. Vitamin D3 may be more than three times as effective in raising D levels in the bloodstream and maintaining that concentration for a longer period of time than other forms of vitamin D supplements.*
How does vitamin D support health?
· Contributes to bone strength as proper levels create optimum conditions for bone formation*
· Supports proper functioning of the immune and nervous systems*
· Promotes the intestinal absorption of calcium*
· Supports fetal skeletal development and tooth enamel formation*
· Contributes to healthy levels of phosphorus in the body*
Why choose Vitacost Vitamin D3?
· It’s the preferred form of vitamin D, identical to the type manufactured by the body when skin is exposed to UV sunlight
· Ideal way to obtain vitamin D, as few foods contain vitamin D in sufficient quantity to meet Daily Value levels
· Supplies 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 per one-softgel serving
· Contains 365 servings per bottle
· Incredible value!
PLEASE NOTE: This supplement now comes in smaller, easier-to-swallow softgels. The formula has not changed.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish, fish, soy, gluten, titanium dioxide.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.