Vitacost Whole Food Gluten Free Buckwheat Pancake Mix - Non-GMO Description
You’ll flip for these hearty golden griddlecakes, which make eating gluten free easier than pie -- mostly because you don’t eat pie for breakfast.
Hearty, fluffy and full of flavor
Add blueberries, dark chocolate chips or pumpkin puree for a healthy breakfast treat
Great for waffles, too!
Made with whole-food ingredients
What’s in a name? Buckwheat by any other logic would contain wheat. But because it’s derived from a seed, buckwheat is gluten-free. We didn’t add gluten or artificial anything, so you get nothing but natural in this fluffy, flavorful pancake mix.
The yellow-boxed mix your mom used doesn’t come close to stacking up to a stack of these sweet cakes, which are full of vitamins and minerals. Made from wholesome, high-quality ingredients, this convenient mix will turn traditional-style flapjacks into a breakfast favorite (if it isn’t already).
Check the box for recipe ideas!
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
To make Vitacost® Pancakes/Waffles
2 cups Vitacost® Buckwheat Pancake Mix
2 eggs, room temperature
¾-1 cup milk or milk substitute
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Heat griddle over medium heat.
2. Place 2 cups mix in a bowl. Add eggs, milk (or milk substitute) and oil; mix thoroughly until blended. Add more or less mix/milk until the batter reaches your preferred consistency.
3. Spray griddle with non-stick spray. Ladle batter onto griddle.
4. If adding blueberries, sprinkle onto pancakes.
5. Cook until bubbles form and then flip pancake to cook the other side. Pancakes should be golden brown on each side. Makes 20 pancakes.
Keep box dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
Milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish, fish, soy, gluten, titanium dioxide.
Manufactured in an allergen-free facility in the U.S.A. NO gluten, wheat, dairy, casein, peanuts, tree nuts, eggs or soy.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.