Xlear Spry Dental Defense System® Gum Sugar Free Fresh Fruit -- 600 Pieces
My kids LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this gum!
It tastes just like juicy fruit & that's my 7 year olds fav gum.
It helps keep the cavities down too!
Before she started chewing this gum, she had 10 cavities when I took her to the Dentist. The next time I took her for a cleaning, she only had 2 cavities & they were in VERY hard to reach places. Unfortunately her father & I come from families with very bad teeth, so it's genetic in my kids.
I do believe that this gum has helped tremendously with their cavities!
April 23, 2013
The gum tastes good for a short period of time and then the taste is gone. I'm on the HCG1234 diet and u can chew this on that but the taste doesn't last long.
August 8, 2012
Bought all 3 flavors -- Here is my Opinion
So i decided to buy all 3 flavors (3 of each to be exact) so as to save on shipping which apparently didnt help when it crossed the border into Canada since i was hit with duty charges on top (uggh!).
So i will post this same review under each flavor.
So the general stuff:
- Each piece is white and looks very similar to Trident Gums (square). Size: 3/4 inch x 1/4 inch
- Container is 6 inches tall x 3.5 inches diameter
- When you twist off the container lid there is a thick paper covering which must be pealed off.
- Each gum's flavor lasts about 45 secs before it feels like you want to spit it out. So their flavor does not last as long as sugar-free gums like Trident.
- The flavor comes out in a BIG BLAST at first and then drops off very quick.
- Flavor lasts 45 secs for 1 piece. It feels like the flavor lasts the least amount of time compared to the other two flavors (cinnamon and peppermint). I usually have to take at least 3 at a time to keep the flavor going for at least 1 minute.
- Best tasting flavor of all 3 types. Tastes virtually identical to Wrigley's Juicy Fruit gum
- I found i can go through this entire container in 1.5 weeks because you can't stop taking it once you start. It likely is because the flavor doesnt last long enough and so you feel you need to keep taking more to compensate. So if you get this flavor i recommend you get more than 1 container.
- Flavor lasts 45 secs for 1 piece.
- Oddly enough, i find this thing leaves a tingling feeling on my tongue and so when i go to clean my tongue or mouth wash it feels a bit sensitive. It's not bothersome but just odd.
- Tastes exactly like cinnamon that is for sure.
- Flavor lasts 1 min for 1 piece. Although it actually lasts about 45 secs it felt like the peppermint lingered a little longer in my mouth compared to the other flavors despite clearly tasting that the gum had lost all its impact after 45secs.
- Tastes identical to peppermint or if you've had Trident spearmint gum.
Overall, i only like them because of the health benefits. I wish their flavors would last much longer because that is clearly where all 3 are weak at. Because i have bought so many (9 containers in all) i tend to take about 50 pieces (or more) per day. The daily recommendation is at least 7-10 pieces. I do so just because the flavor just doesnt last long enough.
Yes they taste good but just be warned that the flavors dont last that long compared to other normal gums. The longest lasting flavor of the 3 is peppermint. But the best tasting flavor is definitely Fresh Fruit.
If later revisions (if at all) make for a longer lasting gum or make each piece much larger (to hold more flavor) then i will be happy to give 5 stars all the way down. Until then my current star rating stands.
September 1, 2011