Don’t think just because you’re all grown up that your mom isn’t touched by a handmade gift. I have a sneaking suspicion the “aww” factor never fades. You just need to step up your game from papier-maché to something made to pamper. These three DIY body-soothing recipes are the prefect treat for your mom this Mother’s Day. A mason jar and a bit of pretty ribbon is all you need to package them into a sophisticated present.
Chamomile Oatmeal Bath Soak
- Put oatmeal and dried flowers through a food processor or coffee grinder to create the finest pieces possible.
- Add 1/2-1 cup to a warm bath to soothe and moisturize dry, irritated skin.
- Store in an airtight container, like a mason jar or hinge-top canister, to keep fresh.
Sweet Orange Coconut Body Cream
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Using electric beaters or a stand-up mixer, whip ingredients together until fluffy.
- Transfer into an airtight container and store in a cool, dry place to prevent the coconut oil from liquifying.
Organic Brown Sugar Honey Facial Scrub
Directions: Hand-stir ingredients until mixed thoroughly. Store in an airtight container and keep in a cool, dry place.