Tiramisu is one of those decadent desserts that appear way too complicated for the average at-home baker. Perhaps the challenge was what lured me to look into the makings of this Italian icon. Much to my surprise, I found it was much easier than I ever imagined. Even to make a gluten-free version with more natural ingredients and much less sugar didn’t seem impossible. Now that I’ve done the research, learn how I put it all together. If you follow the steps to a T, you’ll have a delicious treat in less than 30 minutes.
- Soak ladyfingers in brewed espresso for 10 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg yolks with sugar. Add mascarpone cheese and blend thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg white until stiff. Fold into cheese mixture.
- Arrange half of the ladyfingers in a square baking dish, preferably an 8”x8” ceramic dish.
- Cover ladyfingers with half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Create another layer of ladyfingers and top with remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Sprinkle cacao powder all over and top with cacao nibs.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight for best results.Enjoy!