How do you do? You do avocado – all day, every day. Avocado toast or mayo-free potato salad are two big ways to do the foodie favorite, but your menu doesn’t have to end there. Elevate avocados from side to main during breakfast, lunch or dinner with a simple-as-can-be baked avocado egg. In 20 minutes or less, you’ve got a nutritious and delicious dish whether it’s 7 a.m. or a breakfast-for-dinner kind of night. Your new motto now? Avocado-do!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil, then place a wire rack on top.
- Cut avocados in half and scoop out about 2 Tbsp. from each. Reserve extra avocado.
- Crack eggs into ramekins. Use spoon to scoop 2 eggs into each avocado. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Place on wire rack, along with bacon strips. Bake 15-20 minutes, depending on your preference. (Less time will yield runnier eggs.)
- To serve, sprinkle avocado with cilantro and top with bacon strips or diced bacon bits. If desired, mash avocado and serve on toast.