Some days, it takes a lot of energy to get out of bed. When three or four snooze buttons can’t make you rise and shine, the thought of making breakfast won’t either. But not all hope is lost. These hearty, protein-infused, granola balls come pre-made. Whether you’re running to the gym or to work, you can grab a (protein) bite on your way out the door. Not to worry – the energy will soon follow.
Baked Honey-Granola Protein Bites
Makes 14 protein bites
Macros per bite: 147 calories | 6 g protein | 17.1 g carbs | 7.6 g fat | 8.2 g sugar | 3 g fiber
½ cup Vitacost All Natural Smooth & Unsalted Almond Butter
1/3 cup Vitacost U.S. Grade A Organic Honey
1 tsp. Vitacost Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
1 scoop ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
1 ½ cups Vitacost Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
¼ cup Vitacost Organic Dried Cranberries
¼ cup Vitacost Organic Pumpkin Seeds
¼ cup Vitacost Chia Seeds
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, honey and vanilla.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Using your hands, roll about 2 tablespoons into a ball and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat until all mixture is rolled.
- Bake 6-8 minutes, or until golden. Let cool slightly before serving.