Tea in cookies is a little bit different than tea and cookies. It may be foreign territory – even to your friends across the pond – but loose, aromatic leaves baked into a chewy treat is tea-rrific! For newbies, chai is a natural first choice, simply because it offers the familiar flavors of cinnamon, cardamom and cloves. A whiff of this sweet-spicy batter will ease you right into the idea. When the timer dings, dunk your cookies into a cup of milky chai – because that’s how you should always take your tea!
Chai Spice Protein Cookies
Makes 15 cookies
Macros per serving: 138 calories | 4 g protein | 11.8 g carbs | 8.8 g fat | 4.7 g sugar | 1.1 g fiber
1 Tbsp. Vitacost Chai Time Organic Black Tea
½ cup Vitacost Liquid Coconut Oil Refined Odorless & Flavorless
¼ cup Vitacost Organic Raw & Unfiltered Honey
1 egg, at room temperature
1 1/3 cups oat flour
1 scoop ARO Natural Vanilla Whey Protein Complex Plus
1 tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. cardamom
1 tsp. baking soda
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray or coconut oil.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add first three ingredients. Heat mixture for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg. Slowly pour coconut oil mixture into bowl, whisking to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir until well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or spoon, drop cookie dough on prepared baking sheet. Repeat about 15 times.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes. Let cool before slightly before eating.
- Can swap honey for maple syrup or agave nectar
- Can swap oat flour for whole wheat flour