When you’ve got one of these Chocolate, Coconut and Almond Bars calling your name, you can happily give in to temptation. Made with real, good-for-you ingredients like raw almonds, dates, shredded coconut, maple syrup and cocoa powder, you can enjoy this delicious dessert without fretting over your waistline. You’ll think you’re eating candy instead of a guiltless snack when you take one bite of this raw treat, with its sweet caramel center, crunchy,nutty base and rich dark chocolate coating.
Chocolate, Coconut & Almond Bars with “Caramel” Filling
Almond Bar Base
¼ cup almond butter
13-15 dates, pitted
¼ cup maple syrup, agave or honey
Dark Chocolate Topping
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse all base ingredients until pieces are small, chunky bits. Pour base mixture into the prepared pan. Evenly press layer into pan. Set aside.
- In the food processor, pulse all “caramel” ingredients until almost smooth and pour mixture evenly on top of base layer. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix chocolate topping ingredients until well combined. Pour into pan, evenly covering caramel layer.
- Place pan in freezer for 30 minutes.
- To serve, cut into individual slices.