Planes, trains and automobiles – that’s how you roll. Unfortunately, when you’re traveling, schedules tend to be tight and meals a second thought. For those days you don’t know where you’ll be when, you better be rolling with these oat bars. Baked into each square are chocolate chips, coconut and honey. You may recognize those mix-ins from name-brand granola bars of yesteryear. But you’re an adult now with adult responsibilities (like traveling the world, obviously), so making your own snacks for the road is par for the course. Speaking of course, these wholesome, homemade oat bars will do everything in their power to keep you on it. Safe travels!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat an 8” x 8” baking dish with coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients – except coconut and chocolate chips – until well combined.
- Stir in coconut and chocolate chips to fully incorporate.
- Press batter into prepared dish, using a spatula to smooth down evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes, or until golden.
- Slice into squares before serving.