One bite out of these fluffy vanilla cupcakes and you’ll be immediately transported to a tropical island of coco-nutty bliss! Be as creative as you want with this simple recipe. We suggest blending the frosting with freshly shredded pineapple to enhance the beachy vibe.
The best part about this cupcake recipe is that it can easily be modified to meet your specific dietary needs. Make them vegan by replacing the eggs with flax or chia eggs. Gluten-free? No problem—find tons of gluten-free flour options on Vitacost.com. You can also visit our Specialty Diet Shop for more suggestions on how to substitute ingredients in your favorite recipes!
18 muffin liners
4 eggs (2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites)
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shredded coconut, packed
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1-1/3 cups Simple Truth Organic Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1-1/2 tsp. Simple Truth Organic Vanilla Extract
1 tub white frosting
1-1/3 cups Simple Truth Organic Coconut Chips, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 18 standard muffin tins with paper liners or coat with cooking oil.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and shredded coconut. Set aside
- In separate large bowl, using a mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add coconut milk and vanilla and mix on low until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture in three additions, alternating with wet ingredients and ending with dry. Scrape sides of bowl. Divide batter among muffin tins, filling each 2/3 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until testers inserted into centers come out clean. Let cool completely and frost. Sprinkle with coconut.
Nutrition information per cupcake: 275 calories; 3 grams protein; 15 grams total fat; 1 gram fiber; 10 grams saturated fat; 34 grams carbohydrates; 44 mgs cholesterol; 154 mgs sodium