Soft-baked oatmeal cookies are a treat on their own. But when you can sandwich two of them with a silky smooth crème filling, you’re really capturing a childhood moment. Maybe you remember the pre-packaged oatmeal pies with a 400-year-old shelf life. It’s okay if you loved them, but you’re going to love this homestyle version even more. Unfortunately, they won’t last long, because a) there are no preservatives or ingredients you can’t pronounce and b) they’re full of wholesome flavor that will make you wonder why you didn’t make these years ago.
Homemade Oatmeal Crème Pies
6 oz. Neufchatel cheese
2 Tbsp. cashew milk
10 drops vanilla liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all cookie ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Drop a spoonful of batter onto a non-stick baking sheet, leaving about an inch or two between cookies. Bake 8-10 minutes.
- To prepare crème filling, add all ingredients to a small bowl and whip together until smooth and fully blended. Add more milk, if needed.
- Once cookies are baked through and cooled, spread one cookie with crème filling and top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat until all cookies are used up.
- EAT and be HAPPY!