Is green tea powder matcha-do about nothing? Actually, this nutrient-dense treasure has been turned into a variety of elixirs, including tasty teas, lattes, ades and smoothies. Unfortunately, not everyone is envious of green juices. If you’d rather eat your greens than drink them, this matcha-chocolate protein dessert will fit right on your plate. Sandwiched between two hefty layers of rich, dark chocolate is a nutritious mix of matcha, plant-based protein powder and coconut sugar. With that kind of fuel, you’ll be energized to do just about anything.
Vegan * Soy free
1 tsp. matcha green tea
5 Tbsp. Aria Women’s Wellness Protein Vegan Protein in Vanilla
3 Tbsp. coconut sugar, blended into a finer powder
1/2 cup coconut butter, softened but not melted
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tsp. coconut oil
Topping (optional): sea salt
- Fill 8-10 wells of a muffin pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together matcha, protein powder and coconut sugar. Place in refrigerator for up to 15 minutes.
- Fill a small pot about 1/3 up with water and bring to a boil. Place a glass bowl over top to create a double boiler.
- Add chocolate chips to bowl and stir frequently until chocolate is completely melted.
- Add coconut oil and stir to fully incorporate.
- Spoon chocolate mixture into prepared muffin cups, filling about halfway. (There should be plenty of chocolate remaining.)
- Remove matcha from fridge and form mixture into balls. Place each ball on top of chocolate.
- Pour remaining chocolate over balls until well coated and muffin cups are full.
- Place muffin pan in fridge and let set 10 minutes. Sprinkle sea salt and more matcha green tea powder over top each cup and return pan to fridge until firm.