Ready in less than an hour, this hearty bowl of chili will sooth your soul. It’s a savory blend of mushrooms, peppers, beans, tomatoes and comforting spices – AKA the perfect dinner to enjoy on crisp autumn and winter nights. Serve up this meatless dish with sour cream, cheese and fresh herbs.
Vegetarian Mushroom-Bean Chili
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 can black beans drained
- 1 can red kidney beans drained
- 1 small sweet potato diced
- 28- oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 avocado optional
- 1 sprig green onion sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Salt & pepper to taste
Heat olive oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add sweet potatoes and bell peppers. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add garlic, mushrooms and beans. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
Add crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth, salt, pepper and rosemary sprig. Bring to boil for 2 minutes then reduce to simmer.
Cook on low for 45 minutes to allow the flavors to come together. Serve with sour cream, cheese and green onions.