What makes the morning so magical? There’s peace and quiet just before the world wakes up. There’s fresh dew on the clean-cut lawn. There’s the soft sound of birds chirping. There’s the smell of a just-brewed pot of coffee. And then there’s these morning glory muffins, which have everything you need to greet the day with a smile. You’ll taste sweet fruit, salty-roasted seeds, spicy cinnamon and even a little coconut. With so much flavor in one bite, there’s no way you can’t make everyone’s morning magical.
Makes 9-12 muffins
Total time: 40 minutes
1 box Simple Mills Banana Muffin Mix
1/3 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup toasted pepitas
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup apple, shredded (about 1 apple)
1/4 cup goji berries, soaked and drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a muffin pan with paper liners. You can also lightly coat a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray or cooking oil.
- In a medium bowl, add banana muffin mix, sunflower seeds, pepitas and shredded coconut. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, add water, vinegar, coconut oil, vanilla and eggs. Whisk until well combined.
- Fold in apple and goji berries.
- Pour dry mix into wet and stir until just combined – do not overmix.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, dividing evenly and filling each well almost to the top.
- In a small bowl, add oat flour, oats and sugar until combined. Add coconut oil and use a fork to stir until mixture becomes a coarse crumble. Top each muffin with a spoonful of crumble.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean and the crumble tops begin to turn golden.