This Asian-Mediterranean fusion dish is a tasty and unique twist on your favorite pad thai noodles. Olives and asparagus replace the traditional Thai veggies, and the balsamic reduction glaze and Parmesan cheese impart flavors more typically associated with Italian pastas. Confusing your taste buds has never been so delicious.
Recipe courtesy of Lori Stroke
1/2 box Explore Cuisine Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles
5 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil + additional, to taste
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
1 bunch asparagus
10 pitted kalamata olives, sliced in half
Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Trim asparagus stems. Cut 3” pieces from tips and slice remaining stalks lengthwise.
- Prepare pad thai noodles according to package.
- In stainless-steel pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add asparagus and season, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus starts to brown and feels tender. Remove asparagus from pan with slotted spoon or tongs.
- To deglaze pan, add vinegar and olives and scrape spatula along the bottom.
- Toss cooked noodles with olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste, and separate into two bowls. Top with asparagus, olive-balsamic sauce, Parmesan and black pepper.