After a large and filling meal, sometimes the last thing you want (or would allow yourself) is a heavy dessert. But most meals aren’t complete without a touch of sweetness. The solution? A bowl of roasted fruit sprinkled with toasted shredded coconut is just what you need. It’s elegant but simple and deliciously sweet. Keep this recipe saved and, once the weather warms up, try grilling the fruit as well.
1 small papaya, cut into rounds (seeds removed)
1 mango, cut in lengthwise pieces
1 orange, sliced into rounds
1 persimmon, sliced into rounds
2 Tbsp. organic cane sugar
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
½ cup large coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line one large and one small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cut fruit (with skin intact) on large baking sheet. Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Roast for 10 minutes, or until sugar is caramelized. Remove and set aside.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees F. Place shredded coconut on small baking sheet and bake for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Do not let coconut burn.
- To serve, top roasted fruit with toasted coconut. If desired, serve with a scoop of coconut milk ice cream.