Did you know cinnamon was once so prized it was given to gods as a symbol of adoration and appreciation? A spice that significant deserves to take center stage. And so it does in this 10-piece batch of Snickerdoodle Protein Cookie Bars. The robust cinnamon flavor not only gets mixed into the batter but sprinkled on top, so as it roasts in the oven, sweet divinity floats through the air.
Snickerdoodle Protein Cookie Bars
Makes 10 bars
Macros per bar: 167 calories | 7.7 g protein | 16.7 g carbs | 9.5 g fat | 4 g sugar | 1.8 g fiber
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
½ cup almond meal flour
1 ½ scoops ARO Natural Vanilla Whey Protein Powder
1/3 cup Vitacost Xylitol
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup Vitacost Liquid Coconut Oil
2 tsp. butter extract
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. baking powder
2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8” x 8” baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, protein powder, xylitol, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until well-combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until batter is smooth. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking dish and use the back of a spoon to smooth down.
- Sprinkle more xylitol and cinnamon on top and bake 10-14 minutes.
- Let cool about 30 minutes, cut into 10 even squares and enjoy!