Thai coconut milk soup is the kind of delicious that soothes the body and stirs the soul. The combination of hot, tart and umami flavors centers you in the present moment and you just exist to enjoy it. In this smart recipe, the healthy magic of a lemongrass, ginger, coconut milk and red curry immune-boosting broth is heightened with the addition of Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein. Add a bounty of veggies for nutritional density and revel in the beautiful bowl set before you.
Thai Coconut Chicken Soup
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs chopped
- 2 Tbsp. grass-fed butter or coconut oil
- 2 red onions chopped
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato diced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition Multi-Collagen Protein
- 2 stalks lemongrass cut in half, smashed
- 1 medium knob ginger peeled, coarsely chopped
- 1-2 bird's eye chili peppers optional
- 3 13.5 oz. cans light coconut milk
- 1 4 oz. jar Thai red curry paste
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 1 13.5 oz. can bamboo shoots drained
- 1 bunch scallions chopped
- 2 limes juiced
In large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high, bring broth, lemongrass, ginger, and optional chili peppers to boil. Decrease heat to medium-low and simmer.
In medium pot, over medium-high heat, heat coconut milk to low boil. Add curry paste and collagen protein and whisk to combine until smooth and fully incorporated. Turn off heat and set aside.
In large skillet, heat butter or oil over medium heat. Once butter is melted or oil is shimmering, add chicken and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add onions and sweet potatoes and cook 5 more minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
From large pot, remove lemongrass, ginger and chili peppers from broth with handled sieve or slotted spoon and discard.
Increase heat under large pot to medium and add coconut milk-curry mixture, chicken and vegetable sauté, broccoli and bamboo shoots. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Turn off heat and add scallions and lime juice. Stir, cover and allow soup to rest for 10 minutes for flavors to marry.