It’s that time of year when al fresco dining is on the menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The weather is too beautiful not to enjoy while it lasts. So before you settle on the sofa with a pint and a spoon, consider extending your fresh-air time into a cool evening dessert that screams “spring has arrived!” This non-traditional strawberry pie makes just enough for two decadent bites and one big smile – ‘cause everything tastes better under the stars.
Two-Bite Chocolate Strawberry Pie
Makes 1 mini pie
Macros for 1 pie: 287 calories | 21.8 g protein | 51.6 g carbs | 11.5 g sugar | 23 g fiber | 10.4 g fat
Chocolate-covered sunflower seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a mini pie dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Coat a plate with non-stick cooking spray, place Quest bar on prepared plate and microwave for 15 seconds.
- Mold melted Quest bar into pie dish. Bake 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together strawberries and strawberry jam. Spoon mixture into Quest bar pie shell. Set in fridge for 20 minutes to cool.
- In a separate bowl, mix together coconut oil, cacao powder and agave until it becomes a smooth chocolaty coating. Drizzle over the pie and sprinkle with chocolate-covered sunflower seeds (if using).
Note: Allow the chocolate coating to harden before indulging (if you can wait).