When the family gathers for a big meal, you probably know what traditional dishes to avoid. Are mashed potatoes typically on your “don’t eat” list? With this healthy recipe, there’s no reason to pass on potatoes. Skip butter, milk or cream and add butter-flavored coconut oil and non-dairy milk to your mash to get a dish that will please your tradition-loving family and your healthy diet.
1/4 cup Organic Gemini Peeled Tigernuts
1/3 cup water
1 pkg. Simply Organic Vegetarian (Vegan) Brown Gravy
1 cup water
- In a large pot, bring potatoes to boil. Boil 15-20 minutes or until soft and drain.
- Meanwhile, prepare gravy according to package directions.
- Prepare vegan “milk.” In blender, combine tigernuts and water and process until smooth. Strain to remove fiber.
- In a large bowl, mash softened and drained potatoes. Add buttery coconut oil, salt and milk and combine.
- To serve, pour gravy over each portion and garnish with fresh parsley.
Note: Use 1/3 cup Califia Farms Almond Milk instead of tigernut “milk,” if desired.