Frontier Soups Ohio Valley Vegetable Soup Mix™ Gluten Free Description
Sixteen varieties in Frontier Soups' Hearty Meals™ line create wholesome and delicious meals for families and friends. Easy-to-follow recipes with all the seasonings inside make home cooking Simply Satisfying.
Soup so good, you'll call it dinner!
1 Hour Cooktime
8 (8 oz) Servings
You Will Also Need:
2 Tbsp oil (olive or vegetable
1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
8 cups chicken or vegetable broth (64 oz)
1 cup frozen baby or petite peas
1 Tbsp lemon juice
See Packaging for Cooking Instructions
Gluten, preservatives, added salt, MSG and GMOs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: About 1/4 Cup Dry (24 g)
Servings per Container: About 8
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||19 g||7%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Sugars||3 g|
| Total Sugars||3 g|
| Added Sugars||0 g||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Corn pasta, rice, carrot, corn, bell pepper, celery, tomato, parsley, scallion, garlic, bay leaf, sage.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Summer Garden Vegetable Stew
There’s nothing dull about this stew
! Vibrant in taste and color, this vegetable stew recipe takes the best of seasonal summer veggies
and mingles them beautifully. Garlic and capers add character to classic stew ingredients like potatoes and green beans. Drizzle with homemade fresh herb purée for even brighter flavors, and you have a hearty, nutritious, plant-based
bowl of deliciousness.
Summer Garden Vegetable Stew
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bell pepper (red, orange or red, medium dice)
- 1-1/2 cups green beans or flat Italian beans (trimmed, cut into pieces)
- 2 cups tricolor baby potatoes (halved)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dash pepper (to taste)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. capers (rinsed)
- 2 summer squash (green and yellow, medium dice)
- 2 ears corn
- Handful fresh basil and parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup basil and parsley leaves (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Pinch salt
- In medium pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Sauté onions, garlic and peppers 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add water or stock and stir in green beans, potatoes, cherry tomatoes, bay leaves, salt, pepper and capers. Bring to boil, lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in summer squash and corn; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Taste and add salt if needed.
- To make herb purée, add cleaned and dried herbs, olive oil and salt to blender. Puree until smooth.
- Mix in chopped fresh herbs right before serving, and drizzle individual portions with herb purée.
Shop these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.