Kick off summer with a seriously sweet breakfast. This recipe masterfully combines lemon and raspberry to create a perfectly bright flavor to start your day right. No matter what adventure is planned, these muffins make it easy – sit back at your table with coffee and the paper, or enjoy the undeniable deliciousness on the go.
2-1/2 pkgs. (pint size) raspberries, rinsed/drained
2 Simple Truth Organic Brown Large Eggs
8 oz. lemon yogurt
2-1/4 cups Simple Truth Organic Flour, divided
1/2 cup Simple Truth Organic Granulated Sugar
1/2 cup Simple Truth Organic Refined Coconut Oil
2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. lemon zest
3 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. cold butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease muffin pan.
- In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In small bowl, stir together oil, eggs, yogurt and lemon zest; pour wet mixture into dry ingredients, stirring until moistened.
- Toss together raspberries and 2 Tbsp. flour; fold into batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin pan, filling each well two-thirds full.
- In bowl, combine remaining flour and 3 Tbsp. sugar; with pastry blender or fork, cut butter into mixture until crumbly then spoon evenly over batter in muffin tin wells.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden. Remove muffins from pan and cool on wire rack.