Mushrooms are the “it” superfood right now, which means reishi is all the rage! Listed as a “superior tonic” according to traditional Chinese medicine, these ‘shrooms were believed to bolster overall well-being and prevent signs of aging. You can add this restorative superfood to smoothie bowls, teas, coffee and so much more—including these nutrient-dense mini doughnuts!
Topped with an organic, 8-ingredient vanilla frosting combined with raw beet powder, these fluffy bites are perfect for Valentine’s Day and beyond.
Mini Chocolate Reishi Dougnuts with Vanilla-Beet Frosting
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Super-Fine Almond Flour
- 1 cup Navitas Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1/4 cup Navitas Cacao Powder
- 4 organic eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Coconut Oil (or Fourth & Heart Ghee, melted)
- 1 tsp. Vitacost Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tsp. OM Organic Reishi Mushroom Powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp. Redmond Real Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Simple Mills Organic Vanilla frosting
- 1/2 tsp. MRM Raw Organic Red Beet Powder
- Let’s Do Organic Confetti Sprinkelz (, optional)
- In large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk wet ingredients. Pour into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer dough to large resealable bag. Snipe off one corner.
- In greased mini electric doughnut maker or mini doughnut pan, pipe dough until each well is about 2/3 full. Cook according to doughnut maker or pan directions. Note: Electrical doughnut maker should take around 2 minutes. Flip if needed and cook 1 more minute. Mini doughnut pan should take 10-12 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Set donuts on a wire rack to cool while you prepare frosting.
- In bowl, mix frosting and beet root powder until light pink. Frost each donut and top with sprinkles and/or other desired toppings.