Vicks VapoRub® Ointment Description
When applied to chest and throat, temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with the common cold
When applied to muscles and joints, temporarily relieves minor aches and pains of muslces and joints.
Adults and children 2 years and over: for cough suppression:
Rub a thick layer on throat & chest.
Cover with a warm dry cloth if desired
Keep clothing loose about throat and chest to help vapors reach the nose and mouth.
Use up to three times daily or as directed by doctor
For muscle/joint minor aches and pains apply to affected area not more than 3 to 4 times daily
Children under 2 years: do not use.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Active Ingredients: camphor (synthetic) (4.8%), eucalyptus oil (1.2%), menthol (2.6%). Inactive Ingredients: cedarleaf oil, nutmeg oil, thymol, turpentine oil.
For external use only; avoid contact with eyes. Do not use: By mouth. With tight bandages. In nostrils. On wounds or damaged skin. Ask a doctor before use if you have: Cough that occurs with too mush phlegm (mucus). Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema. When using this product, do not: Heat. Microwave. Add to hot water or any container where heating water. May cause splattering and result in burns. Stop use and ask a doctor if: Muscle aches and pains persist more than 7 days or come back. Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition. If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
All-Natural, Homemade Vapor Rub
Are your kids and coworkers sharing germs? Be the hero and share relief. This all-natural, homemade vapor rub is teeming with aromatic ingredients and raw moisturizers. It not only opens up your sinuses, but soothes dry, irritated skin. If you’re aching to feel better, spread this rich cream on your chest. But if you want to spread joy, make an extra jar to give to a friend.
Makes: 1 cup
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of raw cacao butter or shea butter
3-4 drops eucalyptus essential oil
1-2 drops peppermint essential oil
Kitchen tools you’ll need:
- To a small pot over low heat, add coconut oil and raw cacao butter (or shea butter). Heat until slightly melted, constantly stirring to keep from burning. Note: You can also use a double boiler to warm ingredients.
- Spoon melted mixture into a blender.
- Add essential oils and blend 15 to 20 seconds, or until thick and completely smooth. Note: If using a stand mixer, use the whip attachment to blend.
- Using a spatula, transfer mixture to a heavy-duty glass container, such as a Ball mason jar or other food storage container. Cover and store in a cool, dry place until ready to use. (Do not use a plastic container, as contents will be hot!)
- To apply, simply scoop out a dollop of cream and gently rub onto your chest. Take deep breaths and feel better soon!