Celebration Herbals Organic Licorice Pieces Bulk Tea Caffeine Free Description
Morceaux de reglisse
Often referred to as the grandfather of herbs, licorice has been used medicinally since at least 5000 B.C.. Ancient Egyptian rulers were buried with licorice roots so that they could take their sweets with them to the next world.
Licorice has long, wrinkled roots, which vary from greyish brown to dark brown with a yellow interior. They are dug while at their prime; in the autumn of their fourth year of growth.
Named from the greek word "sweet roots", licorice is 50 times sweeter than sucrose and has always been loved as much for its taste as its medicinal value.
It all starts with the herbs. Celebration Herbals is dedicated to bringing you the best tasting teas, grown and processed as close to "the way nature intended" as possible and never irradiated.
These herbs are grown and harvested with the highest standards of quality control. You can trust these new special designations - Certified Organic, Ethically Wildcrafted, and Pure Quality.
To get the most medicinal benefit, use this method of brewing. It's known as the decoction method.
- Good water is an essential part of brewing great tea. Using spring or filtered water is recommended.
- Combine desired amount of herbs with good water in a stainless steel or glass pot.
- Heat mixture until it is vigorously boiling then cover and let simmer 10 to 20 minutes.
- When the tea has steeped long enough, strain off the herbs using a tea strainer or coffee filter and enjoy.
- Extra tea can be kept in a covered glass jar for a few days in the refrigerator.
- Be sure to relax! Some of the most enjoyable aspects of tea are the calmness and ritual that surround it.
Caffeine, flavourings, preservatives or sweeteners.
These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.