Kyolic Kyo-Dophilus® Digestion and Immune -- 60 Chewable Tablets
Effective Strains, Convenient Chewable Form
I've been taking this for about a month now, only missing a couple of days. I take one per day, right before my evening meal.
* TEXTURE: easy to chew, not too chalky, no residue
* FLAVOR: terrible. no flavoring added so it has such an odd taste. Luckily, it doesn't linger and can easily be washed away.
* STORAGE: no refrigeration needed, which is super convenient. I can keep it with my digestive enzymes and it's much easier to remember to take.
* SIDE EFFECTS: anytime you start taking a probiotic, you might have mild gastric side effects. It's normal and shouldn't last more than a week or two. I had gas for about two weeks after starting this.
* EFFICACY: Remember, probiotics take time to work. On average, 3-6 weeks before you notice a change, and changes are generally subtle. I've been on it for about a month, and I've noticed less instances of gas from food and more positive bowel effects. I'm hoping these positive effects continue to increase as I continue to take these.
WHY I LIKE THIS VARIETY: It's easy to take. I have trouble swallowing pills, so chewable forms are my preference. These may taste terrible, but I can get over that. Also, they have no artificial ingredients, which is great.
I have health issues that cause digestive effects, so I need a probiotic with strains other than standard acidophilus. This one hits the mark.
RECCOMENDED? Yes. If you don't mind or don't have trouble swallowing capsules, stick with those. They're cheaper per dose and you can avoid the weird taste. But, if you need a chewable, I'd try this brand out.
September 17, 2014
This is a great way to get your probiotics. I was skeptical of a chewable tablet, but it actually tastes good.
March 16, 2011
Kyolic Kyo-Dophilus Vegetarian Formula
I've tried a few different brands and while this formula did help me with my overall digestion, I found the Kyolic Kyo-Dophilus non-vegetarian formula to be much more effective. If you're not restricted, you'll be much happier with the non-vegetarian formula.
March 5, 2009
you can count on this
High quality. Never upsets my stomach even when taking up to 6 at a time. Works well even after antibiotics or too much sugar.
October 30, 2008
Combination of this product and AbsorbAid (too bad Vitacost doesn't carry it) have helped my husband's digestive problem and my own elimination problem. I found this to be more effective than the regular (non vegetarian) formula in the capsule form.
October 15, 2007