Unique five-mushroom blend for year-round immune support and antioxidant protection.*
What is Vitacost MGC-5 Mushroom Complex?
Vitacost MGC-5 Mushroom Complex is a unique combination of five powerful, standardized mushroom extracts. Mushrooms are classified as fungi (plants without roots, leaves, seeds or flowers that don’t require sunlight to grow) rather than vegetables, and have been used for both culinary and health purposes for centuries. Compounds found in mushrooms are believed to possess immune-health promoting properties.* Included in this formula are:
- Maitake Extract: A mushroom widely used in Japan, China and Korea. Contains polysaccharides shown in animal studies to have bioactive properties.* Animal research on maitake mushrooms (and its beta-glucan constituent, in particular) has been associated with immune function support.*
- Cordyceps Extract: A mushroom that grows at an elevation of 10,000 to 12,000 feet, found in mountain meadow regions in China, Nepal and Tibet. Used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 2,000 years. Used as a tonic food in both China and Tibet. Believed to be an activator of immune responses.*
- Shiitake Extract: A mushroom traced back to the Song Dynasty (960-1127). Dark-colored with an earthy, rich flavor, shiitake mushrooms are eaten in stir-fries and soups and used as a meat substitute. A main constituent is the polysaccharide lentinan, which promotes a healthy immune system.*
- Reishi Extract: A mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) revered in Chinese culture, traditionally known as the “elixir of life.” Contains bioactive components including polysaccharides and the immunomodulatory protein Ling Zhi-8 (LZ-8), both of which are believed to have important functions in the immune system.*
- Beta-1, 3-D glucan: Beta-glucan, which consists of thousands of glucose molecules chemically bound together, is believed to be very beneficial to immune system function.* Beta-1, 3-D glucan purportedly has greater biological activity than other glucans and is considered an immunomodulator.*
How does Vitacost MGC-5 Mushroom Complex support health?
Why choose Vitacost MGC-5 Mushroom Complex?
Supplies 250 mg of Maitake Extract standardized to 30% polysaccharides per two capsule serving.
Both shiitake and reishi are standardized to contain 250 mg of 10% polysaccharides per two-capsule serving.
Supplies 100 mg of Beta-1, 3-D glucan per two-capsule serving.
Contains 30 servings per bottle.
Exceptional quality at an extraordinary value.
Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.