Vitacost Pea Protein Vanilla -- 28.4 oz (1 lb 12.4 oz) (805 g) - Non-GMO
I do not like drinking protein shakes, but they are necessary for me because I am on the go and I can't pack six meals everyday. I have had close to ten types of protein powders and this is by far the easiest for me to drink. It is not grainy,overly sweet, or other awful qualities that some proteins have. I am definitely ordering another container!
November 21, 2014
Taste is meh....
I'm surprised more reviews did not mention the taste..... there were so few that did, that you figure those people were just super picky and you expect to receive a truly great tasting product......
NOT THE CASE...
I will say first and foremost:
- This is the first and only pea protein I've ever had any experience with.
- I am one who LIKES protein powders. Almost every whey and soy protein I've bought I liked and looked forward to making and drinking the shakes, I don't look to it as a chore just to meet nutrition requirements as some do.
- I do not DISLIKE peas, however I am not overly fond of them.
The Good about this:
- As always Vitacost delivers a quality product at a fabulous price point.
- The nutrition/protein content is excellent
- 2 grams of sugar
- Consistency is fine, mixes easy
- Right now it's on sale, but even at regular price, the protein to $ ratio is bananas
- THE TASTE!!!!
It doesnt taste truly bad and offensive, but it is not really FAR from good tasting. It doesnt taste like straight peas, but it has a taste similar to peas, but very awkward tasting.. IMO it needs a lot of things mixed with it.
About a week ago I subbed this for whey, and didn't change anything else in the shake, it tasted so strange, i had to put it back in the blender and add in 4 packets of splenda.
Something about is just really strange tasting. and imo the vanilla flavoring is very faint, could use alot more...
Maybe some people like the taste of this.
But if you enjoy Vanilla Whey proteins and are expecting this to be as pleasant tasting with just water or milk, you are going to be EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.
November 20, 2014
Vegetable Protein Shake
I use it Daily to put in my green/fruit protein shakes. Keeps me healthy and full as i drink for breakfast and lunch.
November 19, 2014
We have this every morning for breakfast with fresh fruit and almond milk. Entire family loves it and it tastes great!
November 12, 2014