Nutiva Organic Chia Seed Black -- 12 oz
Black Chia Healthier Than White, After All
Since a Nutiva reviewer reported experiencing more health benefit from Black Chia Seeds than from White despite studies showing they share the same nutrient values, & I too experience Black Chia improved digestion, I use Black Chia except when pale is needed for visual appeal that along w/ aroma is part of dining pleasure & commences the process of salivation for digestion.
Some reviewers' tips re this ancient Aztec super-nutrient:
1) Dry adds crunch to yogurt or salad, but Chia's super-nutrients are less accessible dry
2) Time softening Chia in moist bev/foods increases accessibility, including in baked goods (including a healthy alternative to poppy seeds)
3) Overnight in steelcut crockpot oatmeal softens Chia but still retains some crunch
4) Long fridge soak creates a Chia gel thickening agent nutrient
5) Pudding can be made from Chia more nutritious than Tapioca
6) Vitacost sells a flavored Chia squeezable for on-the-go energy boost "not a filling food/meal substitute."
May 2, 2015
I like the Nutiva Organic Chia Seed Black
It is very healthy and also very affordable. This is a very expensive product in retail stores so it is great to get a break in the price here. Also, very happy to have organic chia seeds.
April 15, 2015
It's healthy, yummy and you can use it in almost anything.
April 8, 2015
good price and quality product
This chia seed brand works so well in oatmeal. I've been pleased. Also like the zip-lock ease for use and storage.
April 7, 2015
Wonderful addition to cookies
This was my first time baking with and eating chia seeds. I added these chia seeds to some "breakfast cookies". My two year old son loves them! The blend up great in smoothies also. I feel great about giving my family healthy, organic, and non-GMO foods. I absolutely will be buying this brand of chia seeds and trying other nutiva products in the future! Thank you Vitacost, for providing another wonderful product!
March 31, 2015